Maximize Your Income, Save Taxes, and Provide for Your Family with a Charitable Remainder Trust or Gift Annuity
We have tools and ideas to help you bring more reliability and dependability to your year and your life. Planned giving tools give you income tax savings, capital gains tax savings, and new payment streams for you and your spouse – all while supporting a great cause such as research funding at UT Southwestern. Learn more about charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities.
Charitable Remainder Trust
A tax‑exempt, irrevocable trust that is funded by a charitable donation and pays income to individual beneficiaries for life or a set number of years, after which the remaining trust assets are transferred to one or more designated charities.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction in the year you fund the trust.
- If the trust grows in value, the income you receive from the trust will also increase.
- You can avoid paying capital gains tax when you make a gift of stock or other appreciated assets.
- The remaining assets in the trust, after all payments are made, will support the charity of your choice.
Charitable Gift Annuity
A contract between a donor and charity where the donor contributes an asset in exchange for a lifetime of fixed payments.
- You may benefit from a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift.
- Fixed payments will be made to you at a rate based on your age.
- A portion of your payments could be tax free.
- You can avoid capital gains tax when you make a gift of stock or other appreciated assets.
Let Us Assist You with Your Legacy Planning
To request this booklet, please fill out the form below or contact Randal Daugherty.
(214) 648-3069 firstname.lastname@example.org